Two minors were seriously injured in an explosion at a scrap godown in Giaspura area on Tuesday afternoon.
According to police, brothers Shiv Kumar (12) and Vipan (7) had entered the godown and were trying to pull out some scrap copper when the blast happened. A worker who heard the blast raised the alarm .
The boys were rushed to Lord Mahavir Hospital from where they were referred to PGIMER. According to doctors, the boys’ condition is critical. Their families were informed of the accident, police said.
- Behind theft of 200 kg of wigs, a competitor desperate to repay loan
- Agra: Cylinder blast leaves four dead
- Boundary wall falls, kills six-year-old in New Town
- Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force to probe scrap shop explosion in Muzaffarnagar
- Four killed in scrap shop explosion in Muzaffarnagar
- Ludhiana: Two minor brothers injured in blast
According to the police, the land where the godown stands is disputed and that the scrap dealership had been shut for a while now because of it.
Commissioner of Police Jatinder Singh Aulakh, and other senior police officers, reached the civil hospital and issued directions for further investigation.
Aulakh said that the priority as of now was to ensure the victims’ treatment and probe for suspected explosives in the scrap godown.
A police team, dog squad and forensic team reached the site of incident and investigated the matter.