Gunshots were fired over a petty issue of car parking in Aggar Nagar area on Ferozepur road late on Thursday.
The clash happened near Raghunath Hospital at the Aggar Nagar B block market where a property dealer allegedly opened fire after a clash on the issue of parking vehicles.
Kulwinder Singh, the complainant in the case, alleged that he parked his vehicle outside the real estate office of his father at the same market when Parminder Singh Raja who also owns office there entered into a clash with him.
- Burari shootout: Shaken, shopkeepers at market press for security
- Two bystanders among four dead as gang opens fire at rivals, accused on the run
- Phagwara clash: 8 arrested, prime accused surrenders
- Dalit protests: Clashes in Malwa, four FIRs registered against protesters
- Rs 7 lakh looted from filling station employee
- Ferozepur road market shuts down for a day
Kulwinder alleged that when he requested Parminder to move his car a bit as he was unable to park his motorcycle, he started fighting and brandished his weapon. When the clash worsened, Parminder opened fire but, luckily, no one was injured.
On being informed, personnel from the Sarabha Nagar police station reached the spot and initiated an investigation into the case. The accused is a resident of Shanti Park area on Barewal road.
Ravi Kumar, a shopkeeper, said accused Parminder earlier too had scuffled with shopkeepers at the market and regularly flaunted his weapons and threatened others.
Sarabha Nagar SHO Kulwant Singh said that an FIR had been registered against Parminder.