Nearly 20 vintage and classic cars and 20 vintage classic bikes hit the road during the road show organised by the Punjab Heritage Motoring Club on Sunday. The road show,named the Peace Drive, was dedicated to international peace.
The road show featured vintage and classic cars and bikes the oldest being 1930 model Ford Y. The drive was flagged off from Ayali complex near Nehru Sidhant Kendra on the Pakhowal road.
Starting from the Pakhowal road,the road show turned towards the Malhar road and the convoy of cars and bikes entered the Sarabha Nagar market and moved through main areas of Sarabha Nagar and reached Ferozpur road via Aarti chowk. From there it turned right from Bhai Bala chowk before culminating at the Ayali complex where it had started.
After the road show,a function was held where mementoes were distributed to the participants and the new members of the Punjab Heritage Motoring Club were introduced to other members.
According to a spokesperson,the motive of Punjab Heritage Motoring Club is to spread a message for social up-bringing of our society. The first road show was organised by the club on March 9 last year with an objective to create awareness about female foeticide.