SAD and BJP leaders held a meeting on Wednesday afternoon regarding ticket distribution for the sixth municipal council election.
Cabinet ministers Tota Singh and Chunni Lal Bhagat along with SAD local MLAs and constituency in-charges attended. The election will be as per the seat-sharing formula and candidates will be announced by the constituency in-charges or area MLAs.
- In-fighting to fore in Punjab BJP as PM Modi visits Malout today
- Congress’ Sowmya Reddy wrests Jayanagar seat from BJP, takes tally in Assembly to 79
- Kairana bypolls: BJP loss margin highest in Assembly segments of two ministers
- Shahkot Assembly bypoll: SAD loses a bastion, AAP its deposit in Congress’s clean sweep
- UP, Uttarakhand bypolls: BJP fields kin of late lawmakers
- Kuldeep Singh Sengar, a turncoat who knows the art of winning elections
Two days are left for filing nomination papers and all seats were cleared Wednesday. Sitting councillors have been given tickets on first perference, sources said.