Residents of Mayapuri protested against the lack of proper roads in their area on Tuesday.
The residents alleged that two councillors were themselves not sure if the area fell under their purview or not and that they were being harassed by both of them.
The residents said councillor of ward number 6 Avtar Kaur and that of ward number 7 Gurpreet Gora both denied if the road fell in their area.
- Battleground Panchkula: Problems and controversies surrounding Municipal Corporation
- Chandigarh’s councillors want their funds doubled. Here’s how they spent them last year
- In ward no. 55, students skip school as dug-up road gets flooded in rain
- Kabir Nagar road project latest victim of MLA-councillor spat
- Paradox: Civic votes minus civic rights
- Projects come to a halt,residents say poll results to blame
Sourav Mittal, one of the protesters, said, “When we go to ward number 7 councillor, he tells us to contact ward number 6 councillor and vice versa.” The residents added that they voted for ward number 6 councillor but the councillor was not helping them in any way. Broken and potholed roads along with waterlogging had made lives of the residents difficult.
The residents asked Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria, MC Commissioner G K Singh and area MLA Ranjit Singh Dhillon to solve the issue between the two councillors and get the roads renovated. They added that the road from Mayapuri chowk to Grewal flour mill was in a pathetic state and needed renovation on a priority basis as any accident could lead to loss of human life.