Gas leak at mineral water unit

Two women allegedly fainted after vomiting and they were taken to a nearby hospital.

By: Express News Service | Ludhiana | Published: October 24, 2017 4:38:52 am

Harmful ammonia gas reportedly leaked out from a mineral water bottling unit in Ludhiana’s Bhattian village on Monday due to which workers from neighbouring factories complained of suffocation and irritation in their eyes. However, soon, technicians at the unit carried out a repair work and the situation was controlled.

Inspector Varinder Pal Singh, SHO Ladhowal police station said that gas leaked from the ‘Prism’ – packaged water unit. Two women allegedly fainted after vomiting and they were taken to a nearby hospital. A team of officials from Punjab Pollution Control Board (PPCB) was called on the spot to carry out an inspection.

For all the latest Ludhiana News, download Indian Express App