Almost eight months after the high profile Kidney scam in Jalandhar was discovered, the second chargesheet-cum-challan was filed in the local court on Friday against 17 more persons including four doctors of the National Kidney Hospital.
The chargesheet runs into 14 pages with more than 800 pages of supporting documents. The court later summoned all accused to be present on March 29. The first chargesheet was filed against six accused in September last year.
Forty-one people have been accused in this case, of which 17 are still at large.
- Sunanda Pushkar death case: Shashi Tharoor moves for anticipatory bail ahead of court appearance
- Sunanda Pushkar case: Shashi Tharoor to face trial, Delhi court admits abetment to suicide charge against him
- Delhi: Factory locked from outside not established, one gets bail in Bawana fire
- Delhi Police charge Shashi Tharoor with cruelty, abetting wife’s ‘suicide’
- Rs 22-cr iron ore scam: EOW files chargesheet, names 32 witnesses
- Kidney scam accused to be produced in CBI court on Feb 3
Dr Rajesh Aggarwal of National Kidney Hospital, his wife Deepa Aggarwal, Dr. Sanjay Mittal, his wife Dr Suman Mittal, Kumari of Ludhiana, Manjit Rani of Jalandhar and Sudesh Kumari of Kapurthala, Sunil Kaul and his wife Chandra Kaul of Dharamshala, Mahinder Khurana and his wife Sujata Khurana of Delhi, Poonam Jain, her son Ayush Jain and husband Pardeep Jain of Delhi, Jyoti Arneja, her sons Ankit Arneja and Ankur Arneja of Delhi are among the accused.
All the four doctors have already received interim relief from the court.
Reliable police sources said that a statement from the Department of Medical Education and Research (DRME) was also attached along with other medical and technical supporting documents. It said that the National Kidney Hospital did not have an authorisation committee, which is mandatory for transplant cases.
In the earlier challan, names of six accused were mentioned.