scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Wednesday, October 28, 2020

House blaze leaves two injured

A fire incident was reported on Friday at the house of one Vikas Passi in Upkaar Nagar in which electronic gadgets were gutted and the kitchen and lobby area of the house were badly burnt.

Written by Express News Service | Ludhiana | January 24, 2009 1:41:21 am

A fire incident was reported on Friday at the house of one Vikas Passi in Upkaar Nagar in which electronic gadgets were gutted and the kitchen and lobby area of the house were badly burnt.

However no loss of life was reported although two women,Satnam Kaur and Surinder Kaur,living as tenants in the same house had difficulty in breathing due to poisonous fumes and they had to be rushed to a nearby hospital. Vikas Passi also sustained minor burn injuries on his hands.

As per an information available,the fire broke out due to gas leakage from one of the air conditioner in the lobby of the house. This first of all broke all window panes and later the fire spreaded to kitchen and lobby. Fire spreaded fast because there was a lot of woodwork in the house. The TV set,home theatre,refrigerator,sofa and many other products were burnt to ashes.

However two sons and wife of Vikas Passi were taken out of the house safely while the tenants living upstairs came in slightly unconscious state. The poisonous fumes had spread in the nearby houses as well,told the neighbours. Fire brigade team however extinguished the fire in about half-an-hour using only one fire tender.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Ludhiana News, download Indian Express App.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement