Follow Us:
Thursday, July 19, 2018

Fire at MBD mall,no one injured

A short circuit inside a Nike showroom in MBD mall resulted in a minor fire incident.

Written by Raakhi Jagga | Ludhiana | Published: February 2, 2012 12:05:58 am

Short circuit inside shaft sparks small fire,brought under control by in-house fire fighters

A short circuit inside a Nike showroom in MBD mall resulted in a minor fire incident which spread panic among consumers on Wednesday afternoon. Acting swiftly,the administrative staff of the mall evacuated the premises and started rescue operations. With the help of an in-house fire-fighting team,the fire was controlled within 20-25 minutes. The team,however,took about two hours to clear out the smoke and dry the floors of the mall. No one was hurt in the incident.

According to information available,the short circuit happened inside the shaft on the first floor where the staff of Nike and Mother care showrooms had kept their packaging material,made of card board and plastic. This led to fire a inside the shaft and later smoke inside the mall.

Rakesh Rawat,general manager of MBD mall said,“Though we had called for fire brigade help,our own teams worked well and through our public address system were able to evacuate quickly.”

It has been learnt that the mall management is also going to take strict action against the showroom owners for keeping packaging material inside the shaft.

According to information available,no damage to goods,in any of the showroom,has been reported.

For all the latest Ludhiana News, download Indian Express App