A police constable Manjit Singh deputed with Police control Room (PCR) motorcycle squad and a factory worker died in an accident late on Sunday.
The deceased has been identified as constable Manjit Singh, 29, and factory worker Abhishek Kumar, 25.
A speeding mini truck hit three vehicles, including PCR motorcycle on National Highway near Dhandhari Flyover on Sunday late. The constable was at the spot to investigate the collision between a pick-up auto and a car.
- Chandigarh: Two men killed in separate accidents
- 6 killed, 4 injured in road accident in Uttar Pradesh
- UP: Nine killed in tempo-truck collision in Chitrakoot district
- Khanna: Four cops transferred for not providing medical help to accident victim
- Three killed in road accident in Punjab
- Trailor hits truck,two dead,6 hurt
He was talking to both drivers when a mini truck hit him and two vehicles.
The driver of mini truck fled from the spot leaving his vehicle behind. The Dhandhari Police seized the mini truck and registered a case of causing death due to negligence and reckless driving against the unidentified driver of mini truck.