The first Economic Offence (EO) police station of the Vigilance Bureau was inaugurated in Ludhiana on Wednesday.
IG-cum-director Economic Offences Wing of the Vigilance Bureau B Chandrashekhar inaugurated the police station that is is situated near Guru Nanak Stadium.
Sandeep Goel, PPS, have been appointed as the SSP of Economic Offences Police Station, which would have its jurisdiction of entire state and the already functioning EO Wings of Vigilance Bureau in Jalandhar, Patiala and Chandigarh would act as three units of this particular police station.
- Punjab: New Moga SSP out after 10-day stint, look-out notice against his predecessor
- Punjab: Audit report flags shortage of fat content in milk at Verka plants
- Bank of Maharashtra employees to CM Devendra Fadnavis: Arrests bad in law, send wrong message
- Bankers now want insurance cover for frivolous charges by probing agencies
- Punjab: Vigilance raids Verka milk plants in Ludhiana, Mohali
- Maharashtra government appoints first ADGP to state Economic Offences Wing
Chandrashekhar said that the police station has been set up with the motive of bringing out transparency in working of government departments. He said that the newly set up EO Police Station of Vigilance Bureau would deal with economic offences committed in government departments.
IG said that this particular EO Wing would also carry out surprise checks in various government departments on regular intervals. Chandrashekhar said that if any person comes to know about any economic offence in government departments such as Excise and Taxation, Transport, Industries, or other government departments, they can complain at this particular police station.
SSP Goel said that people can file complaints with the toll free number 1800-1800-1000 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The SSP added that identity of the complainants would be kept confidential.