A 70-year-old man committed suicide by hanging himself with a tree in a vacant plot near his house at new Janta Nagar on Wednesday.
Indentified as Gurcharan Singh, reportedly he was under depression since few days.
A suicide note was also found from the pocket of the deceased in which he has not blamed anyone for the step.
He was a labourer. The Shimlapuri Police has initiated investigation in the case.
- Mumbai: Woman motorcycle coach ends life by hanging herself
- Senior citizen found dead at Cuffe Parade home, police suspect suicide
- Vadodara: Engineering student found hanging in hostel room
- Bareilly: Day after he was charged with attempt to rape, youth’s body found hanging from tree
- Unemployed youth commits suicide
- Man gets beaten up by girls friends,ends life
On Wednesday morning the area residents saw the body hanging with a tree and raised an alarm.
SHO at Police station Shimlapuri said the body was handed over to the family after post mortem at civil hospital. He said in the suicide note the victim wrote that he took the extreme step due to depression.
Meanwhile, the Shimlapuri Police filed the proceedings under Section 174 of CrPC following statement of the deceased’s son.