13-year-old electrocuted while flying kite at househttps://indianexpress.com/article/cities/ludhiana/13-year-old-electrocuted-while-flying-kite-at-house/

13-year-old electrocuted while flying kite at house

The villagers blamed the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited for the death.

A 13-year-old girl, Pooja, died on Thursday after being electrocuted while flying a kite at her neighbour’s house at Bahadurke village near Ladowal.

The villagers blamed the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited for the death and said they had complained to the officials several times regarding the high-voltage wires crossing the rooftop of residences but no action was taken.

The electric shock from 11,000 KV wire was so powerful that the body was cut into pieces and the victim died on the spot. Ladowal police reached the spot and initiated an investigation.

PSPCL officials reached the spot after one hour and were not ready to take any responsibility. The police sent the body to the civil hospital for a post-mortem and filed a case under Section 174 of the CrPC.