The State Cabinet on Monday approved various concessions and facilities worth Rs 3,184 crore to six mega private projects that will bring an investment of Rs 3,166 crore and employment opportunities to over 11,000 people.
The six projects included the establishment of Bennett University in Tech zone II in Greater Noida (Rs 585 crore), expansion plan of LG electronics in Greater Noida (Rs 1,328 crore), expansion plan of Sparsh Industries Private Ltd (Rs 324 crore) in Kanpur Dehat, establishment of rice and pulses mill in Mathura (Rs 272 crore), another rice mill in Shahjahanpur (Rs 278 crore) and solar power projects by Sukhbeer Agro Energy Limited in Mahoba and Lalitpur (Rs 377 crore).
Together, these mega projects are worth Rs 3,166 crore and are supposed to create direct and indirect job opportunities for 11,645 people in the state.
A chief secretary led empowered committee was set up to deliberate on giving certain facilities to projects investing over Rs 200 crore and it made some recommendations which were approved by the cabinet on Monday, a government spokesman said. While Rs 3,166 crore would be invested in these units, these would receive benefits and incentives in the next seven to 10 years, he added.
The government also decided to free-hold land given to industries, which are either sick or have been closed down. It also approved amendment in the existing policy to encourage setting up of theme parks and amusement parks.
* Nod to government guarantee for Agra-Lucknow Expressway project to raise a loan of Rs 1,530 crore from Hudco
* Approved Rs 104 crore for construction of new OPD building of SGPGIMS in Lucknow
* Nod to upgrade plan at Saifai PGI
* Nod to structural glazing of the bus stations in Mainpuri and Etawah districts
* Two tehsils — one each in Etawah and Sitapur — would be developed as model tehsils.