scorecardresearch
Thursday, Feb 02, 2023
Advertisement

UP: 4 die after inhaling toxic gas released by dung cakes

Senior Superintendent of Police, Moradabad, Pawan Kumar said prima facie, it seems that the deceased died of suffocation due to inhaling toxic gas released by the half-dry dung cakes stored in the basement.

toxic gas inhalation deathSenior Superintendent of Police, Moradabad, Pawan Kumar said prima facie, it seems that the deceased died of suffocation due to inhaling toxic gas released by the half-dry dung cakes stored in the basement

Three members of a family among four men were found dead in the basement of a cement store in Rajpur Kesaria village under Dilari police station area, police said on Tuesday.

Senior Superintendent of Police, Moradabad, Pawan Kumar said prima facie, it seems that the deceased died of suffocation due to inhaling toxic gas released by the half-dry dung cakes stored in the basement.

The incident took place when Rajendra (50), his sons Harkesh (30) and Preetam (25), and their servant Ramesh (40) were working in an underground cement store on Monday night, police said.

Subscriber Only Stories
UPSC Key- February 2, 2023: Know about Union Budget 2023-24
Adani contagion spreads as Indian benchmark nears correction
Japanese literary giant Haruki Murakami to publish new novel after six years
Union Budget 2023 | After targeting rural and urban poor, a 2024 signal: ...

Around 11 pm, Rajendra’s wife called out to them but after getting no response she informed the police who reached the spot and found the victims’ bodies lying on the floor.

The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and forensic experts are examining the incident, the SSP said, adding that the actual cause of death will be ascertained after the report.

First published on: 22-06-2021 at 17:08 IST
Next Story

Assam anti-CAA violence: NIA court clears Akhil Gogoi of charges in one case

Latest Comment
Post Comment
Read Comments
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
close