scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Monday, August 02, 2021

UP: 4 die after inhaling toxic gas released by dung cakes

Senior Superintendent of Police, Moradabad, Pawan Kumar said prima facie, it seems that the deceased died of suffocation due to inhaling toxic gas released by the half-dry dung cakes stored in the basement.

By: PTI | Moradabad |
Updated: June 22, 2021 5:15:21 pm
toxic gas inhalation deathSenior Superintendent of Police, Moradabad, Pawan Kumar said prima facie, it seems that the deceased died of suffocation due to inhaling toxic gas released by the half-dry dung cakes stored in the basement

Three members of a family among four men were found dead in the basement of a cement store in Rajpur Kesaria village under Dilari police station area, police said on Tuesday.

Senior Superintendent of Police, Moradabad, Pawan Kumar said prima facie, it seems that the deceased died of suffocation due to inhaling toxic gas released by the half-dry dung cakes stored in the basement.

The incident took place when Rajendra (50), his sons Harkesh (30) and Preetam (25), and their servant Ramesh (40) were working in an underground cement store on Monday night, police said.

Around 11 pm, Rajendra’s wife called out to them but after getting no response she informed the police who reached the spot and found the victims’ bodies lying on the floor.

The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and forensic experts are examining the incident, the SSP said, adding that the actual cause of death will be ascertained after the report.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Lucknow News, download Indian Express App.

  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement