After three decades of wait at the Lucknow Zoo, an 8-year-old lioness has given birth to four cubs here.
“Lioness Vasundhara, who was brought from Kanan Pendari Zoo, Bilaspur along with her 9-year-old partner Prithvi in February this year, gave birth to four cubs between 11 AM to 1:15 PM yesterday,” Zoo Director Anupam Gupta said.
- Delhi Zoo experiment a success: A white tigress is pregnant
- CZA Annual Inventory: SGNP lost seven leopards in 2017-18 fiscal
- Baby panda born in Malaysia zoo makes public debut
- A love story at Delhi Zoo, starring Royal Bengal and a white tiger
- Rescued bear cub finds new home at Arunachal zoo
- Four months on, Lion Safari sees birth of two cubs
The zoo administration said the gender of the cubs has not been determined yet.
“The lioness and the cubs are in good health,” Gupta said.