Follow Us:
Tuesday, July 17, 2018

State gets award for NHIS execution

Uttar Pradesh has received the "most improved state" award for the the implementation of the National Health Insurance Scheme.

Written by Express News Service | Lucknow | Published: April 8, 2013 3:13:39 am

Uttar Pradesh has received the “most improved state” award for the the implementation of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS). The award will be given by Union Minister for Labour and Employment Mallikarjun Kharge at the national workshop of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) in Thiruvananthapuram on April 8. Chief Executive Officer of RSBY for Uttar Pradesh,Alok Kumar,will receive the award for the state.

District Magistrate of Barabanki,Ministy S has also been selected for an award for overall improvement of the scheme in the district. Uttar Pradesh Rural Institute of Medical Science,Saifai,Etawah will also be given an award for providing facilities for good treatment of poor people.

The NHIS provides health insurance coverage of Rs 30,000 to BPL families through cashless smart cards. As much as 75 per cent of the insurance premium is paid by the Government of India while the remaining 25 per cent is given by the state government.

‘SP-Cong should keep working together’

A day after SP leader and PWD Minister Shivpal Yadav demanded resignation of Union Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal over his remarks against the SP government,Union Minister for External Affairs Salman Khurshid sought to placate SP,saying that “we (SP and Congress) are working together and I think we should continue to work together”,adding that “we shouldn’t blow things beyond our sense of disquiet.” Speaking on the sidelines of an award ceremony here on Sunday,Khurshid said,“Important legislations have to go through in the Parliament and we need all support and cooperation for rest of the budget session; and ensure that we are able to take far reaching steps that we want to take for the people of the country.”

For all the latest Lucknow News, download Indian Express App