Prabhu will visit Varanasi on coming Monday to sign the MoU. The ministry has sanctioned Rs 5 crore for research work to be conducted at IIT-BHU this financial year. On Thursday, MoS for Railways Manoj Sinha said a ‘Malaviya Chair Committee’, chaired by Sinha’s advisor R K Verma, will be set up at the institute to supervise research work.
- After three years and a slow start, National Supercomputing Mission set to gather speed
- IIT (BHU) Signs MoU With Amazon Web Services Education Program
- A Woman VC For Banaras Hindu University
- Making BHU great again
- Simply Put: History of AMU’s M, BHU’s H, and why dropping them is not a new idea
- Prabhu gets PM Narendra Modi thumping his desk
The chair is being named after Madan Mohan Malaviya — the founder of BHU. It will work towards developing new materials to be used in various assets of Railways. “The ministry has released Rs 5 crore for IIT-BHU for conducting the research… It will help find out ways to better prepare assests — from bogies to tracks,” said Sinha.