The Lucknow Police on Tuesday served a proclamation order at the house of Aman Mani Tripathi, son of former UP minister Amar Mani Tripathi, who is serving a life sentence along with his wife in a murder case.
Aman Mani is on the run since a kidnapping case was registered at Gautampalli police station in Lucknow in August last year. He had contested the 2012 Assembly elections as a Samajwadi Party candidate from Nautanwa constituency in Maharajganj but had lost.
Investigating Officer of the case, Sub-Inspector AK Tripathi said they had obtained the proclamation order against Aman Mani on June 16. On Tuesday, the police pasted the court order at his house in City Kotwali area in Gorakhpur.
- Non-bailable warrant issued against Amanmani Tripathi in Lucknow
- CBI accuses UP politician Aman Mani Tripathi of murdering wife Sara Singh
- Delhi: Court sends Aman Mani Tripathi to three days CBI transit remand
- CBI arrests Aman Mani Tripathi in connection to wife’s murder
- On run, ex-minister’s son ‘threatens’ complainant
- Amar Mani’s son, politician and kidnapping accused
“Two other accused booked in the case have already been arrested. While one of them, Ravi Shukla, is out on bail, Sandeep Tripathi is lodged at Gorakhpur District Jail in another case. Sandeep has 15 criminal cases, including murder and kidnapping, lodged against him,” said Tripathi.
In August last year, Aman and others were booked for allegedly kidnapping and trying to extort Rs 1 lakh from one Rishi Kumar Pandey when he was on his way to get his wife examined at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute in Lucknow. The police later arrested Ravi and Sandeep but Aman could not be traced.
Amar Mani, his wife Madhu Mani and three others are serving life imprisonment for the 2003 murder of poetess Madhumita Shukla in Lucknow.