Body of a Surat-based businessman, who went missing two days after he came to Agra in July, was recovered from the thickets in Agra’s Pinhat area on Sunday. The deceased, Bharat Bhai (45), was staying at a hotel in New Agra police station area. On July 17, his brother had lodged a missing report with the police in Agra.
Investigating Officer of the case, Sub-inspector K D Sharma, said the head bore an injury mark by a blunt object. The body has been sent for postmortem. Bharat Bhai, who was in the sari business, used to regularly visit Agra. “The body was discovered following a tip-off provided by two sisters. One of them allegedly was in a relationship with the victim,” said Sharma, adding that police were questioning them.
- Surat rape-murder case: No lead on identity of victims, police find prime accused difficult to crack
- Surat rape-murder case: Three detained, police say girl’s mother also dead
- Surat rape case: Andhra man claims to be father of girl, police to conduct DNA test
- Surat rape-murder: To identify girl, police put up posters on trains to West Bengal, Odisha
- Surat minor rape victim may have belonged to Odisha, says Gujarat minister
- Surat rape-murder: Minor’s body had 86 injury marks, was held captive, raped, says police
Hariparwat Circle Officer Ashok Kumar Singh said the motive behind the murder is yet to be ascertained. “The brother of the girls worked in a factory in Surat and had come to know the victim from there. The police traced the girls while scanning call detail record (CDR) of the victim’s cellphone,” he added.
Singh said: “The CDR stated that the victim’s cellphone was switched off in Pinhat, which is around 70 km from the hotel where Bharat Bhai was staying. The call record showed that the victim went to girls’ house in Pinhat.”
New Agra Station House Officer J N Asthana said that on July 17, Bharat Bhai’s brother Nilesh visited the police station to say that Bharat Bhai has been missing for the last two days. “His cellphone was also switched off. Nilesh said his brother had told his wife the name of the hotel soon after he checked in,” he added.
Following this, the police rushed to the hotel and found that Bharat Bhai was staying there. Later, a missing report was filed. A few days later, the missing report was changed to kidnapping.