The family of a 40-year-old man whose family claims he has been killed in Saudi Arabia,has sought the administrations help to bring his body back.
Family members said Nasir,a resident of Mandawar town in Bijnor district,at a construction company in Riyadh where he has been killed by some Pakistanis who lived with him.
Nasir visited his native place,where his wife Laiqa Khatoon and their six children stay,two months ago. He had gone to Saudi Arabia four years ago to work as a labourer.
She said she had last received a call from her husband last week when he had said the four Pakistanis who shared the house with him in Riyadh were planning to kill him.
Khatoon said Nasir had asked her to send a fax to the company office seeking his immediate return. I sent the fax on May 19 but got no reply. On Monday night,Nasir called me and asked me to take care of the children. He said he will not be able to return as he was not allowed to go anywhere, she said.
Laiqa said she has had no word from Nasir since this Tuesday when one of her husbands co-worker called her to inform that her husband was found hanging in his room.
I have been waiting ever since to get my husbands body. There has been no news. I have called on the phone of his co-worker but there has been no answer, she said.
The family met district magistrate Ajay Deep Singh on Wednesday and demanded the administrations help in getting Nasirs body back to India. They also demanded compensation from the state government as Nasir was the sole bread earner for the family.
While the DM could not be reached,sub-divisional magistrate(Sadar) Manju Lata said the administration was considering providing some financial assistance to the family and the matter of bringing his body back will be pursued with the central government.