- How Race 3 is faring against the first week box office collection of last five Salman Khan movies
- France vs Peru Live Streaming FIFA World Cup Live Score: France 1-0 Peru in second half
- Kerala High Court on breastfeeding woman on magazine cover: As the beauty lies in the beholder's eye, so does obscenity
PANIC STRUCK the office of divisional railway manager (DRM) in Hazratganj area Friday after a railways contractor was killed in a shootout between two groups fighting over a contract, police said.
Ashish Pandey alias Naatu (26), a resident of Para locality, suffered a bullet injury in his stomach and died while undergoing treatment at KGMU. Police are conducting raids to arrest the rival contractor, identified as Pappu Singh, who had allegedly fired at Pandey. The alleged shooter had escaped from the spot after snatching a scooter from a local shopkeeper.
- Fire breaks out in two UP hotels, five dead
- Burari shootout: Shaken, shopkeepers at market press for security
- Two bystanders among four dead as gang opens fire at rivals, accused on the run
- UP: Man assaulted for meeting woman from another community, two booked
- Three senior Railway officers booked for ‘rigging tender’ of Rs four-crore project
- Contract killers in police net
The victim, who himself had a criminal past having served time in prison, had arrived at the DRM’s office Friday morning to file the tender for a contract related to engineering section.
Station House Officer, Hazratganj police station, Vijay Mal Singh Yadav said the rival group of contractors too arrived there and asked Pandey to withdraw his claim.
Standing near the parking lot on the office premises, they indulged in a verbal duel, which turned into a scuffle. Pandey was overpowered and badly thrashed even as a constable of the Railway Protection Force, who was present on duty there, intervened and forced the rival group to leave.
Police said Pappu Singh and his group returned and engaged in another scuffle, which turned ugly when the accused whipped out a pistol and fired at Pandey, eyewitnesses said.
While others escaped after the shootout, Pappu ran outside firing in the air and forcibly took the scooter from a shopkeeper at gunpoint to escape from the spot.
SHO added that Pandey was rushed to the hospital where he succumbed to his injuries around 3.30 pm.