“I was in Delhi where I was holding meetings. Soon, opposition parties (Janata Parivar) will unite. More talks will be held in coming days,” Mulayam said while addressing party workers at a meeting to commemorate the birth anniversary of former socialist leader Badri Vishal Pitti at party office.
- PM Modi attacks Rahul Gandhi on triple talaq, asks if Congress is a party only for Muslim men
- Third front not possible, opposition will unite before Lok Sabha elections, says Sharad Yadav
- For Mulayam, soft BJP more profitable than united Janata Parivar
- Janata Parivar had to unite due to BJP’s high handedness: Mulayam Singh
- SP to invite JMM, YSR Cong for anti-Modi stir
- UP ministers seeking personal gains, I have a list: Mulayam
“Remember, whenever Samajwadis have united, even PM lost the polls. We will present a formidable opposition to (Prime Minister Narendra) Modi. The process is on and soon a strong force will emerge,” he added.
Taking a dig at Modi’s clean Ganga campaign, Mulayam said Lohia had raised the issue in the past. “Ganga cannot be cleaned unless rivers falling into it are cleaned,” he added.
He also asked party workers to read socialist literature and said from now onwards “only those who read about socialism will get party tickets and party posts”.