The Uttar Pradesh government has announced to establish two primary schools to be named as ‘Abhinav Vidyalaya’ with all modern amenities at Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s native village, Saifai and state capital Lucknow.
“Two such schools have been sanctioned which are named as Abhinav Vidyalaya. One will be in Saifai and another in Lucknow. Land has been earmarked at both the places and construction will start soon,” H L Gupta, secretary, primary education department told The Indian Express.
Primary education department’s officials informed that both the schools to be constructed by the state government, will be different from the model schools being build by the Centre.
- Green for easy, yellow for difficult: How new school libraries get kids into reading
- ‘The students love coming to the library… Often we run out of books’
- Delhi: 100 more libraries in govt schools, students will be bookkeepers
- For some in Yadav heartland, Akhilesh Yadav might as well be CM of Saifai
- Neighbours’ Envy: Remarkable growth of Saifai has left other villages feeling left out
- Saifai top destination for SP govt: CM made 46 trips,Shivpal 51
According to the officials, the school at Saifai will be constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 11.83 crore with a modern design on lines of private convent schools. It will be a three-storey building in a L-shaped design. The existing primary school in Saifai will be demolished and the new building is said to come up within two years time.
As per the design, Abhinav Vidyalaya will have 18 classrooms, each of 36 square metre area —- a feature none of the upper primary schools have across the state. There will be a staffroom, a library, a multi-purpose hall and a spacious lobby. There will be a separate basketball court and a well developed playground. Separate provisions will be made for NCC and the building will also have ramps for differently abled persons. There will also be adequate toilet facility in the school.
Officials also said that new teaching aids will be provided in these schools as they are part of Akhilesh’s dream project. The idea behind it is to make education for student-friendly.