15-yr-old injured in garbage blast
Lucknow: A minor explosion took place at a garbage heap in Wazirganj area on Friday. Police said a bottle of perfume in the garbage exploded after it was set on fire. The explosion caused burn injuries to a 15-year-old boy. Police said they have collected samples for further probe.
UPPGMEE results declared
Lucknow: Following the order of the Supreme Court,the results of UP Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination were declared by King George Medical University on Friday. The examination was conducted by KGMU on April 23,for which almost 3,500 candidates had appeared.
Backward class corp gets chairman
Lucknow: The state government has appointed Choudhary Sukhram Singh Yadav as Chairman,Uttar Pradesh Backward Class Finance and Development Corporation. He has been given cabinet minister rank.
Woman set on fire over property dispute
Chandauli: An elderly woman was set ablaze inside her house and by some men,who allegedly wanted to grab her property,in Mughalsarai area near here on Friday,police said. Police said a group of men beat up 60-year-old Maina Devi and her family members after they refused to hand over their property to them. Later,they poured kerosene oil on the woman and set her on fire. She was admitted to hospital with 30-35 per cent burn injuries.The victims family alleged that some policemen were also involved in the incident,a charge denied by the authorities. A probe has been ordered.