A 62-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by immolating herself following a dispute with her her son in Rasoolabad police station area of Kanpur Dehat district on Tuesday night, police said.
Station Officer, Rasoolabad, Jitendra Singh said, Ram Dulari killed herself after she had a quarrel with her son Lokendra, who allegedly misbehaved with her.
Lokendra, works in a private firm, had purchased a motorcycle recently. “On Tuesday, he demanded Rs 25,000 from his mother to clear the pending dues. When Ram Dulari refused, he picked up a fight and misbehaved with her. Lokendra left the house later,” said SO.
- Her youngest son had died in 2015: Woman threatens suicide a day after her son killed self
- Haryana: 17-year-old girl raped by eight men, commits suicide
- IT officer’s wife ‘jumps off’ from 12th-floor flat with son, both die
- Surat: Woman allegedly jumps from building with son, both dead
- Five booked for stopping Dalit from praying at UP temple
- Woman sets on fire 2 kids, immolates self
“Lokendra’s father Jahaan Singh told the police that two hours after the fight, Ram Dulari bolted the main door of the house and set herself ablaze after pouring kerosene oil. When he saw smoke emanating from house, he screamed for help. Some locals scaled the boundry wall and entered the house to find Ram Dulari enveloped in flames in the courtyward. They doused the flames and rushed her to the hospital,” the SO added
The woman was declared dead at the hospital.