Follow Us:
Sunday, February 23, 2020

9-year-old electrocuted

A nine-year-old boy was electrocuted when he touched a metal wire tied to a kite.

Written by Express News Service | Lucknow | Published: February 28, 2011 5:47:25 am

A nine-year-old boy was electrocuted when he touched a metal wire tied to a kite,one end of which came into contact with an electricity pole at his residence in Lucknow’s Hasanganj area on Sunday afternoon. He died on the spot.

Samiullah,a Class II student of Morning Star Public School,was the son of late Sagir Ahmed,resident of Roopnagar locality in Khadra.

According to police,a kite fell on the boy’s terrace. “The other end of the metallic wire was lying on an electric pole,which caused the electrocution,” said a police officer.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Lucknow News, download Indian Express App.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement