Posters put up at the gates of a school at Englishbazar here demanding ransom and threatening abduction of students in case of failure to pay it has created panic in the minds of the people.
Police said the handwritten posters in Bengali were found near the gates of co-educational Nagharia High School on Sunday.
- Manipur University impasse: Protesters try to storm Raj Bhawan, 7 injured in lathicharge
- Mob attacks man for trying to abduct minor girl in Rajkot
- CSR deal falls through, NGO workers abduct 2, demand Rs 8 lakh, says police
- Missing 4-year-old’s body turns up in crate on neighbour’s terrace in Sahibabad
- Delhi: Rs 20 lakh ransom with abductors became worthless after note ban
- Class IX student killed as kidnapping plot goes haywire in Ghaziabad: Cops
The posters threatened to abduct ten students if the ransom of Rs 2 lakh was not paid but specified no date, the police said.
Such posters demanding money were found in other houses and institutions for the past month which scared the people of the area.
Police said investigations were on and asked students not to be scared of the threat.