- Xiaomi Poco F1 launch Live Updates: Poco F1 with 6.18-inch notched display, Snapdragon 845 unveiled
- Kerala floods LIVE updates: Chief Ministers Distress Relief Fund has received Rs 210 cr so far, says Thomas Isaac
- Asian Games 2018 Live Streaming Day 4 Live Score and Updates: Ankita Raina confirms medal; Indian hockey team dominating Hong Kong
A THIRD-YEAR BSc student fell to his death from the terrace of an abandoned house in Murshidabad district’s Jiaganj area late Monday. Police recovered the body of 21-year-old Rizwanur Rahman on Tuesday afternoon.
A resident of Domkal, Rahman used to stay at a mess in Jiagunj along with other boys. Police sources said the incident took place when the locals, on Monday, attacked the boys following allegations of eve-teasing. “Trying to avoid the irate mob, Rahman, who was a meritorious student, climbed to the terrace of an adjoining building and jumped,” said a police officer.
- Gujarat: Two men held in sodomy-murder case may have killed 10 in one year, say police
- One more held in Assam train killings case
- Assam train killings: Accused held, has confessed to rape-murder of 2 women, say cops
- Vadodara school murder case: Prime accused traced, questioned by authorities
- Class IX student found dead with 22 stab wounds in Vadodara school
- Vadodara: Class 9 student stabbed to death in school toilet, probe on
Shimul Roy, the owner of the building where the students used to stay, said: “Locals have alleged that some students who stayed here used to eve-tease girls but this had not been proved.”
A case of unnatural death has been initiated by the police. “The cause of the death will be ascertained for sure once the postmortem report arrives,” said a senior district official.