The results declared by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) on Monday saw Kolkata students topping both Class X and XII examinations.
In ISC (Class XII) results, the top rank was secured by Arka Chatterjee from Vivekanand Mission School in Kolkata, who scored 99.75 per cent marks. The top position in ICSE (Class X) results was bagged by Sougata Chowdhury of St Xavier’s Collegiate School.
With 99.20 per cent marks, Sougata shared the position with Ananya Harshad Patwardhan from Mumbai’s Chatrabhuj Narsee Memorial School and Tezan Papan Sahu of St Mary’s ICSE School in Navi Mumbai.
- ICSE, ISC results declared: Three Mumbai students among toppers
- ICSE, ISC results: Pass rates dip, more top-graders this year
- ICSE ISC results 2018 LIVE: 7 students get 99.5%, 17 get 99.25 %
- ICSE ISC results 2018: When and where to check
- ICSE 10th, 12th Result 2018: CISCE to declare results today at cisce.org
- ICSE ISC results 2018 on May 14 at cisce.org
Moreover, while Rounak Agarwal of DPS Mega City and Priyanka Sen from G D Birla Centre for Education stood joint second with 99.5 per cent, Meghdeepa Sengupta and Megha Chakraborty from G D Birla Centre for Education came joint third with 99.25 per cent marks in the Class XII exams.
“I was expecting a good result but definitely not the top position,” Arka said, adding that while he had not taken any tuitions, he used to study for eight to 10 hours every day.
As many as 1,59,738 students have sat for ICSE exams this year. Among them, 29,903 were from West Bengal.
Out of the total 72,049 students who took ISC exam