Kolkata Police on Sunday arrested another person in connection with Thursday’s back-to-back clashes between two groups at Entally’s Bibibagan area of the city taking the total number of arrests in the case to two.
Jamil Ahmed alias Sheikh Neazu, a resident of the Convent Lane in the same locality, was arrested from inside the Howrah-Rajdhani Express at Burdwan station for his “direct involvement” in the shoot-out at Entally that left two persons injured, a senior police officer said.
- Kolkata Police arrest two in connection with rape case
- Shamli: Four booked for ‘provocative’ message over WhatsApp
- Manipur: Notorious drug lord who ran international cartel arrested
- Rotten meat racket: Two detained from Kolkata chicken shop
- Kolkata Police arrests eight in fake documents’ racket
- Youth shot at in broad daylight, gang rivalry suspected in Kolkata
“This person has serious past records and going by our probe, it is quite clear that he has direct involvement in Thursday’s incident. We are questioning him to get a clear idea of who else are involved in the clash and what was the reason behind it,” the officer said.
Teams of the Kolkata Police anti-rowdy section and Entally Police Station on Thursday night itself had arrested Sukhen Das in this case.
The clash, police had described, as “primarily” related to the construction business in the area.
“There are a few more people involved in the case. We are looking for them and hopefully they will be nabbed soon,” the officer said.