A clash between TMC members belonging to two groups late last night has left three dead at Khandaghosh village in Burdwan district.
- Trinamool Congress to crack whip against infighting, revamp party organisation
- Panchayat polls: 14 killed, many injured as violence rocks Bengal
- West Bengal rural elections: Litmus test for Mamata Banerjee amid BJP upsurge
- West Bengal panchayat polls: One killed in clash between BJP, TMC workers in Birbhum
- After voting, violence and murder: Two CPM workers killed in clashes with Trinamool
- 3 TMC workers killed in group clash
Supporters of former block president Moni Hossain and present block president Alok Majhi were allegedly involved in the fight. Officials of Khandaghosh Police Station have recovered three bodies, who were identified as Sk Jainaluddin, K Shawkat and Layek Ainul — all belonging to Alok Majhi group. Police learnt that an old grudge was the cause behind the clash. Both Hossain and Majhi are absconding.
“There had been a clash between two groups and three persons have died in the process. We have detained 10 persons and are interrogating them,” said Kunal Agarwal, SP, Burdwan.
It was also found out that Burdwan TMC president Swapan Debnath had conducted a meeting with other district leaders. “I have sought a detailed report about the incident. The SP has been to the spot and I have told him that none of the offenders should be spared. Strict action should be taken against those found guilty irrespective of their political affiliation,” Agarwal said.