scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Saturday, October 23, 2021

6-yr-old dies in LPG cylinder explosion

A six-year-old child died while six others were injured when a gas cylinder exploded in a shop near Navina Cinema Hall on Prince Anwar Shah Road in Tollygunge on Sunday.

Written by Express News Service | Kolkata |
February 2, 2009 1:40:34 am

A six-year-old child died while six others were injured when a gas cylinder exploded in a shop near Navina Cinema Hall on Prince Anwar Shah Road in Tollygunge on Sunday.

The injured were immediately rushed to the nearby Bangur Hospital,where their condition is said to be critical. The police are yet to confirm whether the diceased,Sohail Khan,had come to the shop for purchasing or a relative of the shop-owner.

“I was near the shop when I heard a loud explosion. Soon the shop caught fire,injuring several people there,” said Shankar Paul,a resident of the area. On the rearside of the shop there is a carbide gas cylinder refilling unit and the police suspect the explosion could have taken place there too. “We are looking at all the aspects. The child’s body has been sent for post-mortem,” said Ajay Ranade,Superintendent of Police,South 24 Parganas.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Kolkata News, download Indian Express App.

  • Newsguard
  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
  • Newsguard
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
X