In their search for the woman who slapped a policeman at an event last week, Delhi Police on Tuesday met with the officials of the Turkish Embassy, as they believe that the woman may be a diplomat.
The woman had slapped a Delhi Police officer, deployed as part of former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s security detail, after she was denied entry to a book launch at the WWF auditorium on Friday. A police complaint had been filed three days after the incident, when a video of the incident went viral.
Police have now asked the organisers of the event to provide details about the 250 people on the event’s guest list.
- Delhi ACP booked for allegedly raping woman, molesting minor
- Day after cop’s son arrested for ‘rape and assault’, two more held
- Seen thrashing woman on video, Delhi cop’s son charged with rape, assault
- Delhi: Day after kanwarias vandalise car, police claim vehicle occupants slapped one of them
- Delhi: Card theft solved — with help from H&M
- Foreign national slaps policeman after he refuses entry to book launch by former PM
“After registering the case, police started their investigation and came to know that only one woman from the Turkish Embassy was invited to the programme.
A team of three police officers later met with the officials of Turkish Embassy and verified the details with their employee, who was invited to the programme last Friday,” police sources said, adding that she had not attended the programme.
Additional Deputy Commissioner (New Delhi district) Jatin Narwal said that a case has been registered at Tughlak Road police station and investigations are going on.
In the video, the woman can be seen arguing with the officer, asserting that she should be allowed to go inside as she had registered for the event. She waits a while and grows furious when she does not receive any response from the officer.
She says, “You are going to lose your job; I’m telling you. I’m going to slap you.”
She later slaps him in front of other Delhi Police officers.
Another person at the spot argues with the woman but she refuses to apologise for the incident, the video shows.