A 62-year-old woman was shot dead while standing on her balcony in Khajoori Khas area of Northeast Delhi on Saturday. Police said she had gone out to watch a fight between two men below her house.
According to police, the deceased has been identified as Rashida Begum. She was in the kitchen cooking dinner, when she heard an argument break out between two men below her house. She rushed out to the balcony to see what was happening. Police said a stray bullet hit her in the head and she collapsed.
- Lucknow Apple executive shot dead: Sir didn’t want to stop as cops got aggressive, says Sana Khan
- Delhi: Protests after man’s murder in front of kids in Taimoor Nagar village
- Lucknow: ‘Kidnappers’ leave woman behind after car hits bike, three on two-wheeler dead
- Militants killed J&K policemen on Eid as their children watched
- Delhi: Two held for ‘accidentally’ shooting bystander
- Delhi again: Woman resists molestation,shot dead in Capital
Neighbours heard the shot and rushed out of their homes. They made a PCR call around 7.45 pm and rushed Rashida to hospital, where she was declared brought dead.
“A case of murder has been registered under Section 302 of the IPC at Khajoori Khas police station and investigations are on. We are on the lookout for the two men,” a senior officer said.
Rashida is survived by her husband, who works in a factory, and her children.