A 62-year-old woman was shot dead while standing on her balcony in Khajoori Khas area of Northeast Delhi on Saturday. Police said she had gone out to watch a fight between two men below her house.
According to police, the deceased has been identified as Rashida Begum. She was in the kitchen cooking dinner, when she heard an argument break out between two men below her house. She rushed out to the balcony to see what was happening. Police said a stray bullet hit her in the head and she collapsed.
- 2 PCR calls went out from airhostess home last month
- Man shoots wife in front of her parents, arrested: Cops
- Burari firing: Among casualties, woman who was sole breadwinner
- Delhi: 27-year-old woman attacked with sword, boyfriend arrested
- Delhi: To get rid of drug rival, man stages his own shooting, dies when it goes wrong
- Out shopping after exam, 17-yr-old baseball player run over by tractor
Neighbours heard the shot and rushed out of their homes. They made a PCR call around 7.45 pm and rushed Rashida to hospital, where she was declared brought dead.
“A case of murder has been registered under Section 302 of the IPC at Khajoori Khas police station and investigations are on. We are on the lookout for the two men,” a senior officer said.
Rashida is survived by her husband, who works in a factory, and her children.