Police said the woman had hailed an auto-rickshaw to go to Green Park to meet someone. “After boarding the auto-rickshaw, she asked him to go Green Park. But after a few minutes, the driver told her that the CNG was nearly over and he was going to a filling station in Nehru Place,” a police officer said.
In her statement to police, the woman said the driver offered her cold drink laced with sedatives at the CNG station. She fell unconscious after drinking it.
- Delhi: Man mistakes constable for trafficker, tries to ‘sell’ minor girl to him
- Delhi: 17-yr-old with polio raped by three, one held
- Minor girl raped for two months by uncle in Delhi
- Molester dragged to police post, woman says no one was there
- 19-year-old woman allegedly gangraped by five men in Gurgaon
- Pune: Auto driver rapes woman, two constables suspended for negligence of duty
“The accused later took her in an isolated park near Safdarjung Hospital and INA Market and raped her there. He then robbed her of her jewelry and other valuables before fleeing,” the officer said.
After a few hours, the woman regained consciousness. She went home and told her friend about the incident. They then approached the police.
“On the basis of the woman’s complaint, a case was registered under sections 376 (rape), 328 (poisoning) and 379 (theft) of the IPC at Amar Colony police station,” police said.
During investigation, police figured out the last four digits of the auto-rickshaw’s licence plate number. Police then approached senior officials of transport authority. The woman is a surrogate mother. Her husband lives in Saudi Arabia and she stays in East of Kailash with a friend.