A 30-year-old woman was allegedly molested by three men in a car in southwest Delhi’s Bindapur area on Friday night.
The mother of one of the accused on Saturday filed a cross-complaint against the woman and the NGO she works in, alleging that members of the NGO had attempted to stall the construction of her son’s house in Tilak Nagar and had demanded Rs 5 lakh to allow the construction.
According to police, three men in a white car abducted the woman in Hari Nagar at around 10.30 pm on Friday, when she was waiting for public transport to return home. In her complaint, the woman said the three men molested her, had unnatural sex with her and robbed her before dumping her on the side of the road and driving off.
- Maharashtra: Political activist molested in auto-rickshaw; hunt on for 3 accused
- Bareilly: Man ‘ties up 17-yr-old daughter with chain’ for refusing to end relationship with youth
- UP: Raped two months ago, victim records statement after video goes viral
- Uttar Pradesh: Woman gangraped in Unnao, three arrested
- Case against three minors for ‘molesting’ 3-yr-old to be expunged: Police
- Arunachal woman molested, beaten up
The woman was sent for a medical test, but she refused to undergo a gynecological examination, police said. A complaint has been registered with the Hari Nagar police station. “The woman lodged a complaint and named one man. We learnt that the second accused was the father of the man she named. Both are owners of the construction site the woman mentioned in her complaint,” DCP (West) Pushpendra Kumar said.
On Saturday evening, the mother of the man named by the woman filed a cross-complaint, alleging that the woman, through her NGO, had tried stalling the construction of her son’s house in the area three days ago.
“The mother, levelling charges of extortion, alleged that the woman and her colleagues, including the head of the NGO and three other women, had demanded Rs 5 lakh in order to let construction resume at the site. We are investigating the case and verifying the statements of both parties. No arrests have been made yet,” a police officer said.