THE PLAY QUIZ
1 Who was the first recipient of the Dadasaheb Phalke Award?
2 Amol Palekars look in Baaton Baaton Mein was inspired by a real life cartoonist. Who was he?
3 Which is the only film that starred three Anand brothers ¯ Dev,Vijay and Chetan?
4 Who was the original choice for the role of Vijay in Pyaasa?
5 Amar Prem was the remake of a Bengali film. Name it.
6 RD Burman composed his first song when he was just nine. Name the song and the film.
7 What was the real name of Meena Kumari?
8 Whos the oldest surviving actor of Hindi cinema?
9 Kundan Shahs Jaane Bhi do Yaaron paid homage to a famous Italian director. Who was he?
10 Who played the younger version of Aamir Khan in Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak?
Answers in the next issue of PLAY
Answers to last weeks quiz
1. The first heroine of Indian cinema was Salunke
2. Bimal Roys Hamrahi was the first movie to use the national anthem
3. Awaara had the maximum number of Kapoors in a film ¯ five
4. Balraj Sahni worked as a teacher in Shantiniketan before entering cinema
5. Yehi Sach Hai by Mannu Bhandari inspired Basu Chatterjees Rajnigandha
6. Shyam Bengals bio pic Bhumika was based on life of actor Hansa Wadkar
7. Rajiv Gandhi was the original choice for Bombay To Goa
8. Jaya Bhaduri gave Danny Denzonga his screen name
9. Pelle the Conqueror beat Salaam Bombay for Best Foreign film Oscar
10. Jugal Hansraj came up with the title song for Karan Johars debut film,Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.