A day after unravelling the murders of two Uzbekistan nationals, Atazhanova Kupalbayevna and Shakhnoza Shukurova, the Delhi Police are now looking into the role of Masha, wife of prime accused Gurvinder alias Gagan.
Police suspect that Masha, also an Uzbekistan national, may have been aware of Kupalbayevna’s murder. Meanwhile, Gagan was produced before a city court on Saturday where his police remand was extended by four days.
Watch Video (app users click here)
- Uzbek women murdered: Police spotlight on human trafficking
- Accused Gagan sent to 14-day judicial custody
- Murder of Uzbek nationals: Gagan ‘killed’ woman after police questioning
- One Uzbek woman dead, another feared killed, say police
- Naaz’s family in Uzbekistan refuses to believe she is dead
- Second Uzbek woman feared dead as well, says police
Police sources said Gagan had been misleading them during questioning. “The investigation into the murder of Kupalbayevna was done by the Uttar Pradesh police. But during our investigation, it came to the fore that his wife Masha may have been aware of the second murder,” added the sources.
Investigators are also planning to confront Gagan along with his wife, who was reportedly not present in Delhi on October 5.
“During questioning, Gagan said that a few years ago, he used to drive a taxi in Delhi, Chandigarh and Rajasthan. It was then that he met Masha and started running a human trafficking racket along with her through social networking websites,” said the sources.
Police may conduct a lie-detector test on Gagan as he has been giving contradictory statements, said sources.