A day after a man was found dead of gunshot wounds to his head in Northwest Delhi’s Mahendra Park area, family members and area residents Thursday erupted in protest, blocking traffic near the Adarsh Nagar Metro station.
Nearly 50 people gathered near the Metro station. Placing the body of the deceased, identified as Sanjay, on a service road, they demanded the arrest of the killers. Police said unidentified people hurled stones, injuring some persons and damaging three Delhi Transport Corporation buses. The police said Mahindra Park station house officer was also injured.
Police said they rushed to the spot after receiving a call at 8.20 am. Metro services were affected for two hours. “We had to shut the Metro gates because of the mob,” said DCP (Northwest) Vijay Singh.
- Chhath Puja: Delhi traffic police ask commuters to avoid Wazirabad bridge, Kashmere Gate area
- Hathras: Differently abled man ‘beaten to death’, three cops booked for murder
- Chandigarh: 250 villagers booked for attacking NRI’s farmhouse at Kubaheri village
- Delhi: 97-yr-old woman robbed, killed by relative
- Bharat bandh : 17 BEST buses damaged, Metro services hit
- FIRs lodged: 23-year-old dies as residents attack policemen during raid in Haryana
On Wednesday, the deceased was shot in an empty building in Sarai Pipalthala under Mahindra Park police station limits. “A gunshot wound was found on his head. The deceased was previously involved in a case of robbery and the case was pending trial in court,” said a senior police officer. The police have made one arrest in the case.