Three Delhi Police constables, including one posted with the Special Cell, were arrested on Saturday for allegedly barging into a house in southeast Delhi’s Dwarka Sector 10 and demanding Rs 20 lakh from the owner.
According to police, the constables have been identified as Sandeep (26), posted with the Special Cell, Dinesh Kumar (25), posted with the security unit, and Prashant (30), posted with the Delhi Armed Police’s 4th Battalion. Police said they have been arrested under charges of extortion and house trespass.
“The complainant said three young men flashed their Delhi Police identity cards and forcefully entered his flat to carry out a search. They claimed they had information about some illegal activity in the house. They demanded Rs 20 lakh and threatened the complainant by waving a pistol,” said DCP (southwest) Surender Kumar.
- Delivery boys vandalise restaurant in Kalkaji over parking
- Before Chhattarpur encounter, gangsters switched car at last minute to get air filled in tyres
- Army Major’s wife found with throat slit: ‘Colleague accused of killing woman returned to crime scene, then fled’
- Delhi’s most wanted among four killed in daylight encounter, eight policemen injured
- Three cops suspended for extorting 10 lakh from DU students, one of them held
- Around Town
The owner of the house managed to inform a friend, who made a PCR call. Police reached the spot and found that all three persons were constables and their ID cards were genuine.
The DCP added that when the police reached the spot, they did not find the owner involved in any illegal activity. “However, an investigation is underway,” he said.
A case has been registered at Dwarka south police station under IPC sections 384 (punishment for extortion), 385 (putting person in fear of injury in order to commit extortion), 452(house-trespass after preparation for hurt, assault or wrongful restraint) and 34 (common intention).