1. Alam Ara beat the first Bengali talkie by just three weeks to be the first talkie of Indian cinema. What was the Bengali talkie called?
2. How long did Hrishikesh Mukherjee take to complete Anand?
3. Name the only film produced by lyricist Shailendra.
4. In 1977,which director released four films in a row all major hits?
5. Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam was based on a novel of the same name. Who wrote the novel?
6. Before she became a major star,she was called Dara Singhs stunt heroine. Whos she?
7. Which was the first film to win Grand Prix at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival?
8. Whom did Sooraj Barjatya assist before he turned director?
9. Initially,Shah Rukh Khan was in two minds for Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. Who was Aditya Chopras second choice for the role of Raj?
10. Name the documentary directed by Vidhu Vinod Chopra which was nominated for Academy Award for Documentary (Short Subject).
Answers in the next issue of PLAY
Answers to last weeks quiz
1. Devika Rani was the first recipient of the Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2. Amol Palekars look in Baaton Baaton Mein was inspired by cartoonist Mario Miranda 3. Kala Bazar starred the three Anand brothersDev,Vijay and Chetan 4. Dilip Kumar was the original choice for the role of Vijay in Pyaasa 5. Amar Prem was the remake of Bengali film,Nishipadma 6. RD Burman composed his first song Aye meri topi palat ke aa for the film Funtoosh (1956) when he was just nine 7. Mahjabeen Bano was the real name of Meena Kumari 8. At 101,Zohra Sehgal is the oldest actor in Hindi cinema 9. Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron paid homage to the famous Italian director Michelangelo Antonioni 10. Imran Khan played the younger Aamir Khan in Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak