Gurgaon Police have apprehended two school boys for allegedly raping a classmate. All three study at a government school in Gurgaon. One of the accused is a student of Class VIII and the other a student of Class IX. The police also suspect the involvement of an autorickshaw driver, who has been named in the police complaint by the girl. The autorickshaw driver has not been identified yet and the police are searching for him.
The two boys were produced before a juvenile justice court, which sent them to a correction home in Faridabad.
The police said the 15-year-old victim had lodged a complaint at the Sadar police station on July 29, alleging that the accused were harassing her.
- 11-year-old ‘rapes’ minor, sent to juvenile home: Ghaziabad police
- Chandigarh: Two juveniles arrested for sodomising minor
- ‘Can’t give admission to rape victim’: Dehradun school allegedly told survivor’s parents
- Surat police ‘crack’ rape case of 5-year-old, arrest minor brother
- Mumbai: 57-year-old sentenced to 10 years in jail for raping woman
- Girl gangraped, four students held, Dehradun boarding school top brass arrested for cover-up
“On July 31, the victim came to the police station again with her parents and alleged that the school boys, along with another man, allegedly gangraped her,” said Rajesh Kumar, ACP (Crime).
The victim, in her police complaint, alleged that on July 27, while she was returning from school on her bicycle, the accused stopped her near the Sector 46 market.
The police said the girl alleged that the accused forcibly took her to a secluded place, where they raped her.
The girl told her parents about the incident. Her parents took her to the police station and a case was registered. The girl alleged that the accused threatened to kill her if she told anyone about the incident.
After receiving the complaint, the victim was sent for a medical examination, which confirmed rape. The police have lodged an FIR under various sections of the POCSO Act and Section 506 of the IPC.