Six persons have been apprehended by the police so far in connection with the murder of a 57-year-old legal advisor, who was shot dead by two unidentified men in Delhi’s Jamia Nagar Tuesday evening.
The incident took place around 7.30 pm, when assistant legal advisor with the NDMC, Mohammad Moin Khan, was returning home. The helmet wearing assailants intercepted Khan’s car and shot at him from a close range, before fleeing from the spot.
- West Delhi robbery case: His son watching, jeweller shot dead during robbery bid
- Day after NDMC officer was killed, office of L-G sought action on complaint against him
- NDMC official: AAP politicising murder of legal adviser
- NDMC legal advisor murder: Rs 1cr compensation for ‘martyr’ Khan’s family: CM Kejriwal
- NDMC legal advisor murder: Uncle defends accused, says was campaigning for me that day
- Legal adviser of New Delhi Municipal Council shot dead in Jamia Nagar
Khan was rushed to a nearby hospital by onlookers, where doctors declared him dead. He is said to have died due to a bullet that hit his chest. His body has been sent for post-mortem examination.
Reports say that Khan’s family have told police that he used to receive calls from unknown people during odd hours of the day.
Khan was working as an assistant legal advisor with the NDMC for more than five years.