Police said the accused have not been identified yet.
Police said shots were fired outside Gahlot’s office around 12:45 am. The MLA was not in his office at the time.
- Collection agent shot at near Yusuf Sarai school, say police
- Delhi High Court raps Arvind Kejriwal: ‘You can’t go inside someone’s house and hold a strike’
- Toothbrushes, mattresses and files for Arvind Kejriwal as L-G office sit-in enters day three
- Gurgaon: Japanese company’s HR head shot at, sacked employee suspected
- Delhi Underground: Jumping into action
- Office of profit: Delhi HC quashes notification disqualifying 20 AAP MLAs, Kejriwal calls it victory of truth
“Shots were fired outside the office by some unidentified persons, after which they fled. But the security guard of a school, located next to the office which is on Dhansa Road in Najafgarh, heard the shots and rang the alarm bell. The MLA’s aides were alerted of the incident. When Gahlot came to know of it, he informed police,” a police officer said.
A team of police officers arrived at the office to investigate the matter on Friday morning.
“We are looking at all possible angles into the incident. Right now, it is too early to ascertain whether this is a deliberate attempt at intimidation. But we are not ruling anything out at this stage,” a senior officer said.
AAP leader and cabinet minister Satyendra Jain said, “We will request police to conduct a thorough investigation. Those who were behind the incident must be apprehended.”
Meanwhile, Delhi Police Commissioner B S Bassi has directed Southwest District police to “expeditiously” investigate the matter.
Senior police officers said an FIR has been lodged against unidentified persons.
Gahlot had won the 2015 Delhi Assembly polls with a narrow margin of 1,555 votes over his INLD rival.