Another accused involved in the brutal, multiple stabbing of a 19-year-old girl here was arrested early on Saturday, police said.
Ajay, brother of prime accused Jai Parkash, has been arrested according to a police officer.
- Unnao: CBI files charge sheet against BJP MLA Sengar’s brother, 4 others for killing rape victim’s father
- Mathura: Hours after ‘raping’ minor, accused strangulated
- Delhi: Man shot dead in ‘fight over water pipeline’
- Delhi: Asked to take medicines, 35-year-old stabs mother
- Surat rape-murder case: No lead on identity of victims, police find prime accused difficult to crack
- Delhi: 19-year-old girl stabbed 35 times by duo accused of molesting her 2 years ago
Both are accused of stabbing and killing Meenakshi, a class 11 student, who objected to them allegedly abusing her, on Thursday in Anand Parbat area of central Delhi.
Jai Parkash even stabbed her mother in the back when she came to intervene and protect her daughter.
Both mother and daughter were taken to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, where the girl succumbed to her injuries, police said.
Jai Parkash was later apprehended from Ramjas School’s playground in the same area.