The Delhi government is “seriously” mulling a proposal to enforce the odd-even scheme for 15 days every month, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Saturday.
Addressing a press conference, he said a fortnight every month was being thought of since it cannot be made permanent in the absence of a robust public transport system.
Following is the list of categories exempted from the odd-even scheme:
1. Vehicles of the President of India
2. Vehicles of the Vice President
3. Vehicles of the Prime Minister
4. Vehicles of the Governors of States
5. Vehicles of the Chief Justice of India
6. Vehicle of the Speaker of Lok Sabha
7. Vehicles of the Ministers of the Union
8. Vehicles of the Leaders of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha
and Lok Sabha
9. Vehicles of the Chief Ministers of States and Union
Territories except Chief Minister of Delhi
10. Vehicles of the Judges of Supreme Court
11. Vehicle of the Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha
12. Vehicle of the Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha
13. Vehicles of the Lieutenant Governors of Union Territories
14. Vehicles of the judges of Delhi High Court
15. Vehicles of the Lokayukta
16. Emergency Vehicles i.e. ambulance, fire brigade and
hospital, prison and hearse vehicles
17. Enforcement vehicles i.e. vehicles of Police, Transport
Department, vehicles authorised by the Divisional
Commissioner GNCTD, paramilitary forces etc.
18. Vehicles bearing Ministry of Defence number plates
19. Vehicles which are having a pilot/escort
20. Vehicles of SPG protectees
21. Embassy vehicles bearing CD numbers
22. Compressed Natural Gas-driven vehicles (these vehicles
should prominently display sticker ‘CNG Vehicle’ on the
front windscreen-issued by Indraprastha Gas Ltd.),
Electric Vehicles, Hybrid Vehicles
23. Vehicles being used for medical emergencies (will be trust
24. Women only vehicles – including children of age up to 12
years travelling with them.
25. Vehicles driven/occupied by handicapped persons.
26. Vehicles of Chairperson, Union Public Service Commission,
vehicles of Election Commissioner/Election Commissioners and
vehicles of Controller Auditor General of India
27. Vehicles carrying children in school uniform
28 Vehicles of State Election Commission, Delhi & Chandigarah
and vehicles deployed by the Commission with Election
observers/Returning Officers/Assistant Returning Officers &
Security vehicles etc.