- Happy Eid al-Adha 2018: Wishes Images, Quotes, Messages, SMS, Greetings, Wallpaper, Photos, Pics
- Asian Games 2018 Live Streaming Day 4 Live Score and Updates: Ankita Raina confirms medal in Women's Singles Tennis; Ramkumar Ramanthan loses
- Cosmos Bank’s Rs 94 crore online fraud: SIT recovers money from ‘accidental beneficiaries’ of cyber attack
Dramatic scenes were witnessed at B R Ambedkar Multi Speciality Hospital in Noida Monday after a woman, whose ultrasound reports had shown she was pregnant with twins, gave birth to only one child, prompting her family to protest at the hospital.
“We admitted her to the hospital on Sunday afternoon. The doctors had said a surgery would be required because the babies cannot be delivered normally,” said Devendra Kumar, the brother-in-law of 25-year-old Sangeeta Devi.
“The electricity supply was disrupted thrice when my sister-in-law was in the operation theatre. After the surgery was over, a nurse asked my mother to get clothes for the child. They kept asking us to do chores like going to the blood bank and getting medicines. When we came back, we were handed only one child,” Kumar said.
The family lives in Chhajarsi village in Noida’s Sector 86.
- Delhi: Waiting for doctor, woman dies in ambulance at hospital gates
- Woman dies after husband performs delivery following online videos
- 5 ways to spot congenital heart disease in a baby
- Woman injured in Andheri bridge collapse dies
- Pune: 50-year-old woman donates kidney to daughter-in-law
- Delhi: Woman says delivered twins, got one baby; Safdarjung Hospital denies claim
The doctors said the ultrasound reports were “incorrect”. Kumar, however, denied their claims, saying, “The ultrasound reports are from a private clinic as well as the same hospital. Both reports said she had two fetuses. How can they deliver only one child?”
Hospital authorities said they had instituted an inquiry committee to look into the case. “The committee comprises gynaecologists and radiologists from outside. The committee will submit its report within seven days. We have seen the ultrasound reports from the private clinic as well as the district hospital, and while it is written in the reports that she is pregnant with twins, the images show just one foetus head. The committee will conduct an inquiry and necessary action will be taken,” said R K Garg, CMO at the district hospital.
The family said they had approached the police to register an FIR but no action had been taken. Amarnath Yadav, station officer at the Noida Sector 20 police station, said, “Their complaint is being looked into. The hospital is conducting an independent inquiry, doctors from outside are on the committee. Once they submit their report, necessary action will be taken.”