The Delhi University’s Executive Council (EC) on Tuesday gave its approval to courses under the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS), even as protests against the “bulldozing” of CBCS by the DU administration and Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) grew louder.
“Today, the teachers do not know where to represent on the statutory violations which have taken place in implementation of CBCS as the very institutions — the UGC and the MHRD — responsible for maintaining quality in education by ensuring that Universities follow due processes seem to have given the go-ahead for these violations,” stated the Delhi University Teachers’ Association.
- UGC to withdraw grants of DU colleges running without principals
- MPhil, PhD row: Interviews still on hold as DU waits for clarification from UGC
- Delhi University: RS member writes to Javadekar over vacant MPhil, PhD seats
- CBCS divides BJP-backed student and teacher unions in DU
- Explained: Neither Clarity nor Credit, C is for Confusion in new UGC system
- DUTA opposes choice-based credits