Five months ago, two juveniles who were fond of dancing and in need of money to make it to a popular TV reality show allegedly abducted and murdered a 13-year-old student.
After they were apprehended by police, the two never spoke. However, the recent arrest of the male juvenile in a separate crime has sent the girl’s mother into a panic. “It is scary as I never thought he would commit another crime again. I have kept my daughter at a distance from the boy’s family,” she says.
- Adopted by Swedish parents as a child, woman finds her twin brother in Surat
- Ghaziabad madrasa rape: Accused posed as girl to speak to 10-year-old on phone, say police
- Delhi: A teenage love story that ended in murder of two-month-old son
- Mumbai: 17-yr-old theft suspect dies, family alleges torture by cops
- Kathua rape, murder case — A father’s anguish: ‘She did not know right from left… what Hindu, Muslim?’
- Murder at School: The crime that shook the Capital also changed two families forever
The mother says she occasionally meets the boy’s family in court. She adds, “Last time when I met the family, the boy’s father said he is keeping tabs on his son,” she says.
The girl had started three dance academies along with the boy, but all had failed. Although she was good at studies, she was more interested in dancing, says the mother. However, things have changed drastically after the incident. She has taken away her daughter’s mobile phone and drops her personally to the educational institute where she goes for computer training.
She also secured a seat for her daughter in a DU college.